Blah, blah, blah and a Jack update. | Fetch My Flying Monkeys

A conversation with my friend Diane, who commutes to Columbia for work from a small town 40 miles away.

Diane: “Oh my God, I love these cooler temps! I’ve been keeping all my windows open while I’m at work airing out the house. And I love laying outside at night and just staring at the stars in the sky at night. Do you do that?”

Me: “No way.”

Diane: “Why not?”

Me: “Dude, I live in the city. If I were to lay outside and stare at the sky at night, I’d get up with my panties on backwards and wearing a sombrero.”

Diane: “Well, do you at least open your windows while you’re at work?”

Me: “Are you high? If I left my windows open while I was at work I’d not only come home to an empty house, but Jack would be wearing a sombrero.”

No, this is not a recent photo of Jack. It was taken last year during his Latin phase. He's so international.

P.S. And speaking of Jack… HE STARTED WALKING SATURDAY MORNING! It’s clumsy and he’s not too sure where his feet go, kind of like me after one too many gin and tonics, but it’s a HUGE step in his recovery! When he stepped off of his doggie bed and walked towards me, I literally started crying. It’s just a matter of time before he’s back to his bad-ass self!

78 Responses to Blah, blah, blah and a Jack update.

1. harbqll says:

What are you doing up this late? It’s 4am in Georgia.

2. Kim says:

OMG!!! Yay, Jack!! Such good news. I have tears in my eyes (please don’t tell anyone).

That is so so good. Maybe that good juju we’ve been sending y’all’s way is helping.

Man, those nuro-spinal surgeons are all the way downtown, aren’t they?

Just plain damn great news. You did a good thing. Being owned by a doxie is “special”.

If he’s starting to walk, means his nerves are healing. That’s about as good as it gets.

Give him a belly rub from all of us here in the Juju Crib, and maybe a small slice of banana, Stretch digs bananas.

Yes, the surgeons are amazing. And the speed inwhich they came in to perform surgery on a weekend AND the rehab that’s available for the animals is all mind-blowing really.

And yes, I do believe the good juju is working! Keep it coming until he’s all better! I’m a greedy Dixie mom.

• Yabu says:

I know what you mean. Stretch was an emergency, and they had the whole team there before he was shaved and prepped. I’m talking fast. These people were as serious as serious can be.

Oh he’ll yeah they’re serious. My friend thought they were going to helicopter in the surgical team. Jack had two surgeons and two surgical techs. They even transported him. Outstanding facility.

• Yabu says:

Stretch’s facility was an hour and a half away. Our local DVM stabilized him, showed the Juju Woman how to hold him, programmed our Garmin, gave me a bunch of film, and I was driving like a formula one race. My car is tight and fast, built for the (Autobahn), I don’t think I got under three digits very much. Afterward when I checked my Garmin log, it said I, at one point, was doing 143 MPH. Anyway, when we pulled up to the entrance, they were waiting for us. They put him on a gurney, and off he went. Shot some more film, did some more “pinch” tests, and he was in surgery. Fast. Great facility, and the surgeon called me with updates 10 times in the first 48 hours, even if I was in the building.

We run into him and his team every year at the Doxie deal down the road, and he always apologizes about the scar. I always give him shit about that. He can do his business, walk and run, and bitches dig scars. No big deal.

Anyway, after looking at the films and MRI stuff, he said while he was in there, he was going to do a little house cleaning, while he was opened up. I’m all like “do what needs to be done”. He did.

So, you give Jack a big old scribble from us in the House of Juju, and Stretch says it’s about time to go run some bitches.

I was all “Do whatever you have to do” too. Simply amazing what they can do.

4. Michelle Dove says:

YAY JACK! Great news.

Hooray! Go Jack!

Jack is my hero.

7. Alison says:

Did he have a big ol’ confused look on his face? “Why aren’t my legs listening to me, and I where are the extra olives in my martini, bitch!?”

(Dammit, I keep getting you and Jack mixed up now.)

Awesome news about Jack!

Meanwhile, keep those windows closed & locked and hide the kids, hide the wife, ’cause…well, you know.

YIPEEE! Go, Jack!

Your friend must be high and still in the 70′s! To think “lay outside at night” Has she never watched “The Green Mile”? and open windows while no one is home! OMG!!! I wanna live where she lives!

EXCELLENT on Jack! You go boy!!!

Still sending Reiki.

Jack in the BOX.. is in the HOUSE! springing back to Norm… WoooHooo!

12. H2o Girl says:

Go Jack!

Don’t wake up wearing a sombrero!!

Yay Jack!! Give him a belly rub from me.

Ok, I refuse to cry here at work, but if I could I would. Damn fine work on everyone’s part, especially Jack’s. I’m always amazed at how animals just keep going and keep fighting, when a lot of people would just give up. Good boy, Jack!

15. fillyjonk says:

Awesome news about Jack! Go dog, go!

Let’s hope that Jack’s recovery and his ninja assassin phase do not coincide, or you, the dinos and anything doxie mouth sized are in big trouble.

17. HappyHolidayFairy says:

That is an priceless pix. He is just so cute. glad to hear he will be ok for the Holidays.

18. Kym says:

Love it! Go Jack!

19. Coasters says:

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHEEEEEEEEAAAHAHAHAHAAHAH! Thats me screaming with joy….. GO JACK!

20. Erin says:

Yay, Jack! That’s a good boy!

21. Sheri O'Neals says:

Jack’s a fighter just like his Mama!

22. Gary says:

That is great news….Jack will be back to his old self in record time.

23. Trish says:

Great news doing another happy dance. Before you know it he will be all over the place. Watch out kitty Jack is back and he will be kicking butt.

24. sablegsd says:

I am totally stoked with Jacks progress.

25. gatorgirl4325 says:

Oh,forgoodnessake!!!!! Jack walking is the most wonderful news I’ve heard in quite a while! :)

If Jack ever felt the need to make a calendar for the FMFMFF (Fetch My Flying Monkey Faithful Followers) to purchase, I’d buy more than one! I’d love to see his cute little face every day of the year. :)

Oh, and those country folk do not understand what it takes to live in the city, do they?

26. ManhattanMaven says:

YAY JACK!! I’m SO happy you’re walking!! That’s the best news i’ve heard in DAYS!! What a GOOD BOY!!

Fantastic news!!

28. Gabs says:

SO glad to hear the great news! I think you should buy Jack a sombrero to celebrate. And maybe a margarita to go with it, if he’s into that shit.

29. really great news about Jack. Ive been hoping for a happy ending to his ordeal. Looking forward to that first “look what Jack tore up” post.

30. Janie Jones says:

Jack esta muy guapo en la fotografia! Seeing as Jack is so international I thought I’d dig out my rusty Spanish.

And that’s totally awesome news that he’s walking already!

31. YAY!!!!

*does cartwheels for Jack*

*falls on ass*

32. glen says:

My eyes leaked,

33. Libby says:

I love Jack! And you,and your blog.

That is Soo Awesome !
    I totally understand seeing him do that the first time bringing tears !
    So happy for Jack (and You !) !