I’m going to start a new series on here called “Pet Secrets.” It will be just like Post Secrets, except these won’t be made up. | Fetch My Flying Monkeys

I have purchased dozens and dozens of cats beds through the years. They all meet the same fate.

61 Responses to I’m going to start a new series on here called “Pet Secrets.” It will be just like Post Secrets, except these won’t be made up.

1. Holiday says:

That Jack… he is a bad dog.

2. Cheryl Lundgren says:

It’s so fluffy!!! He just can’t help himself and look at that face, he’s very sorry.

3. Holly says:

My dogs used to do that to,, I got so tired of buying new beds every-other-week, that I finally threw a twin size mattress down on the lani and they all sleep on that and they love it. and they DONT CHEW THE HELL OUT OF IT. For Jack, cuz he’s so tiny, maybe you can find a baby crib mattress. I even change the sheets on it.

Jack looks as though he has no friends in the world. His expression is that of despondent remorse and the fear nobody will ever love him again.

I think the cat set him up.

I would say that was possible, but Jack carries the beds into the room I’m in growling and thrashing them about. So I believe he’s guilty. He also knows I love him.

5. Roberta says:

The face of shame!

Just be glad he is still interested in doing that. And how do YOU know the cats bully him? Do you have a camera set up?

7. Kym says:

Poor Jack. Look at how apologetic he is. Bless it.

8. fillyjonk says:

That top photo looks like a candidate for Dog-Shaming.

9. Alison says:

Stainless-steel cat beds. Put a little amphibian rock-warmer underneath and the cats will love it.

10. Julia says:

Are you going to make him stand on the street corner with his sandwich board sign of shame? I hear that’s the new, trendy parenting style these days.

GO JACK! Show those cats who’s the boss! He probably humps the beds before he destroys them.

Cats don’t need beds.

12. Mark12A says:

Your cats sleep on cat beds? How’d you train them to do that trick?

13. Roxie says:

Do cats even need a bed? I thought they liked to sleep on window sills and the backrests of couches?

14. Cinder says:

I could never have pillows on my sofa cuz my damn dog chewed them up. piss me off. I now have a bird. a very dirty bird….eefffff!

15. September Rose says:

Well, it doesnt look that bad, It still has some stuffing in it.

Spectra has blankets and towels and foam pieces all over the house that are for her to sleep on, plus the entire couch to herself. But does she? Yes, but only when mom is a total meanie and doesn’t let her have the office chair. Because the mamma-chair is the ONLY good spot in the entire house, especially when I want to sit in it. Brat.

17. If Jack does THAT to their beds, then WTF do the cats do to Jack???

Obviously my sympathies lay with Jack. Just not on a cat bed.

We took Stretch on a road trip with us not long ago. The person we were visiting has a small dog and a cat. Stretch immediately claimed the house as his own, and we didn’t see the cat for four days. He doesn’t have a lot of experience with cats, he thinks they’re toys. We have a couple of large cats who prowl on the Stretchengetti on occasion, and it scares the hell out of me. I think they’re feral. He goes after them with a vengeance. I liken it to going after a Copperhead.

A cat can do some damage, especially to the eyes. I’d try my best to hold him back. Jack has yet to make a cat run. I mean, they’re just not scared of him.

• Yabu says:

You’re right, I don’t care what size dog it is, odds are the cat will win.

He’s almost stupid fearless. I’ve seen him go after a bull, that was a close one, a horse, and a pig. It’s a good thing he’s lean and in good shape, or his ass would be dead. Fortunately, for him, the cats jump the fence when they see him coming. When he travels with us, I’ve started putting him on a 25ft. leash if there are animals around. I kid you not, when that bull did the “back kick” at him, he only missed by an inch or so. It would’ve killed him for sure. Hell, it would’ve killed me. One time he sniffed out a Cottonmouth next to a stream and I had to drag his ass away. Damn glad I had him on a leash and harness. I mean, I had to yank the fuck out of it.

I know this nice lady who’s doxie got popped in the snout by a Copperhead (they think) , could have been a Rattlesnake, a few months ago. The dog didn’t make it. I don’t know about Jack, but Stretch is all about relentless pursuit. He will not give up.

19. AndyOH says:

This always happens in a three way … two gang up on one … you can solve this by adding a weiner Jill ally to weiner Jack, then he’ll have some back-up when the cats throw down on him.

Just a possible example I thought of…you know how sometimes it is discovered that a grade school bully is actually being bullied at home by a parent or an older sibling ? It doesn’t excuse it but it sure explains how shit rolls downhill.

If the cats harrass or bully Jack, what’s there left for him to take it out on, or bully himself ?
    Nothing….I mean no other animal, so he takes it out on the nearest stuffed things that he KNOWS belong to the cats.

That’s my theory.

I can’t help it….that photo of him makes him look like he’s in desperate need of a hug and a snuggle. I know how dogs can have this look that is the most pitiful sight you’ve ever seen.

21. This is perhaps why dogs and cats are not meant to cohabitate…

22. lylelovett666 says:

I didn’t realize it when I was a kid,but looking back at it now I’m pretty sure my pet ghost shrimp was gay.