And the battle continues… | Fetch My Flying Monkeys

Friday my manager told me that certain people were complaining about the spider “being used in EVERY holiday decoration” and they were “complaining” that the spider “was stupid and had nothing to do with the holidays” and how the spider “should be packed away with the Halloween decorations.” Blah, blah, blah. I told her I would fix it, so now the spider is incognito ’till things simmah down.

Holiday Spider

Holiday Spider

33 Responses to And the battle continues…

Aye and begorrah! No spiders here, lassie!
    *** HA! I don’t see any spiders… ~Laura

2. Jean says:

HAHAHAHA! My brother has the exact same mustache….
    *** Ha! ~Laura

3. MorningGlory says:

Certain people should grow a sense of humor. And tradition.
    Anyone can criticize. I don’t see certain people stepping up to do a better job.
    *** Exactly! ~ Laura

Perfect, looks just like Groucho Marks. Good job!
    *** Thank you. ~Laura

OMG, look just like my uncle MOE! HA!
    *** Was he a spider too? ~Laura

6. Queenie says:

My PawPaw has come back to life..HA!.Where in the heck did you find that really cool hat? I must have one for my dogs!
    *** Target, Yes, you dhould dress them up, and don’t forget the mustaches. ~Laura

7. The other Crazed Chick says:

Personally, I believe this to be one of your finest works. I love it! I think you should have a contest and that spider should be the prize… or maybe one like it…I think everyone wants him..
    *** Hold my own contest and declare myself a winner? Hmm… I would do that. Ha! ~Laura

8. Tim says:

What spider? Where?
    *** HA! YEAH! Where? ~Laura

9. laughingmom says:

Wha? THey’ve never heard of Daddy O’Longlegs. He’s probably more Irish than most in your office!
    I love what you’re doing – my mind is reeling for Easter!
    *** Easter MAY be the holiday they put the brakes on as soon as I create it. HA! ~Laura

10. Steph says:

Awww! Dammit. I loved the spider! He added a certain flair that made the holidays that much cooler. And now he’s gone. I don’t see anything but an empty dead space where he once sat amongst St. Paddys greeness. I miss him. Where are you keeping him?? Holy shit! He’s still there?? Great disguise! Barely noticed him.
    Oh, and those lame complainer coworkers of yours can suck it.
    *** HA! He is the Master of Disguise! And yeah, they can suck a big green one in honor of St. Patrick’s Day! ~Laura

The spider needs some dreadlocks. No one fucks with a spider with dreads. FACT.
    ps – strap your tazer to him. best practice.
    *** Dreadlocks and taser- that’s a combo right there! ~Laura

He could maybe use some Groucho glasses with a nice big nose to polish off the disguise – but you know me and decorations, I go a little over the top.
    *** I looked for them on my lunch break! So this’ll have to do. They won’t notice him anyway. ~Laura

13. Timothy J McCorkle says:

LOL I had that mustache, until the flameing Kebob incident.
    *** HA! Oh hell, that had to have hurt. ~Laura

14. Those *certain people* need to get that spider out of their collective asses.
    Seriously, they would rather have FICTIONAL LEPRECHAUNS than REALISTIC SPIDERS??
    *** Can you believe it? Just a bunch o’bitches that HAVE to have something to complain about. ~Laura

GENIUS!
    *** Ha! ~Laura

16. Big Poppa Squat says:

Don’t these office bitches realize that you are Creative Director for the Boner Group? Obviously your creativity exceeds the boundaries of what their ignorant minds consider “art”. They should bow to your superior knowlege and taste and get busy applying for corporate grants to take your spider on tour (and buy you a baby goat)
    *** HELL YEAH! HAHA! ~Laura

17. Sugar Free says:

Your co workers blow goats nuts. I used to live in Ireland and those bitches should see the size of some spiders there. At least your spider is cheers-ing with some fine suds.
    *** HA! You should write the company news letter. ~Laura

Did you ask why they seem to always ask you to decorate? They KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! HAHA So the white xmas tree was ok tho…
    He’s too cute.
    *** Oh, I’ve asked and I KNOW the answer and it’s not “Because you’re so artsy” it’s because they’re so lazy. ~Laura

Well, geez, those ungrateful office bitches aren’t exactly stepping up to volunteer for your holiday decorating job, now, are they?! A proper sense of humor should be a prerequisite for the job, IMHO. I think Mr. Spidey looks very dashing with his fabulous new mustache. Bravo!
    P.S. He’s going to look great with bunny ears and a cotton tail… ;)
    *** Hehe IF he’s a rabbit… ~Laura

20. Suzanne says:

Don’t those bitches know you are suffering from PTSD after your recent (and I hesitate to mention it, but I have to) MAIMING by the emu? For all they know, the spider may be part of the art therapy that is helping you cope and come to terms with that terrible incident. You should go to HR and claim some sort of ADA thing.
    **** HAHA! Maybe get a raise…. ~Laura

21. Michelle says:

Sonsabitches….what is wrong with them? I hope things simma down at the office but them bitches seem to like things stirred up. BTW, I agree with Morning Glory too.
    *** They need a life for sure. ~Laura

22. Maeve says:

Somebody needs to unbunch their panties and get a life. AND a sense of humor.
    *** I don’t think anyone could. ~laura

I say you get a pay raise to compensate for the “creative” duties now in your job description. They should double your decorating pay.
    *** Hell yeah! HA! ~Laura

24. Teresa says:

I guess the spider holding the beer was just not good enough. Geeze some people are never happy.
    *** Beer is sinful don’t ya know. ~Laura

That just kicks so much ass I have no words.
    *** Ha! They’ll never be the wiser. ~Laura

26. Faith and begorrah, Mexican spiders are they now?
    Sure in they’ll be drinkin’ mescal afore a dram of the true.
    Erin go Rio Bravo?
    *** Si Senor. ~ Laura

Everyone’s a critic. Buncha bitches.
    *** I KNOW, right?! ~Laura

That’s just stupid and juvenile. If your spider’s not in anyone’s way then what the hell do they care if that’s your style ?
    I think they’re all jealous and have spider phobias.
    *** They be jealous, petty bitches! ~Laura

29. Ruby Red says:

Ooooooo! Arachnophobia… I can think of a lot of pranks to pull on Arachnophobics… You could have some real fun there!
    *** More like Arachnobitches. Ha! ~Laura

Next time they start in about the spider, you just burst into tears, scream “You have no respect for my people’s traditions!” and run outta the room. Then leave a bunch of “While You Were Out” message slips all over you desk from “Phil at the ACLU” and “The Rev. Jesse Jackson.”
    *** HA! That there is called “job security” ~Laura

31. I can’t believe they have no sense of humor…do you work with my brother? Save the Spider, Save the World!
    ***HA!! Yes! Save the Spider, Save the world!! ~Laura

32. Kristyq says:

AWESOME! Love it. Keep fighting the good fight! :)
    *** Ha! I’ll try. ~Laura

33. eventer79 says:

Screw their eyes. The spider is fucking awesome.
    *** YEAH! Those fuckers. ~Laura