Another Friday Random Crap List
1. I don’t know if you all know this but my dog Jack is really hardheaded, well okay, he’s actually kind of retarded. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a sweet dog, and he’s very protective and I love him, but he refuses to listen to anything I say. Seriously. Not one thing. The only words he responds to are “Jack”, and “treat.” And by “respond to” I mean will stop doing something bad just long enough to look at me and then goes back to it. No shit. And I’ve had him eight years too. So anyway, I’ve just recently decided to hell with me trying to give commands and correct him with words like “no” “down, “sit” or “stay” and I’ve started just saying “You better check yourself before you wreck yourself!” all Samuel L. Jackson-like and he responds the same, which means he doesn’t, but it’s more fun for me for some reason.
2. I must be getting old because I’ve been hearing this annoying repetitive song on the radio and the only word I could make out was G-6 and I wasn’t sure if it meant what I thought it meant, so I looked it up in Urban Dictionary because that’s where
normal old people go to find out what the young thugs people are saying and it was what I thought it meant:
3. I have another vacation week this month and I am going to Savannah, Georgia. I will take lots of pictures and will again badger you all to look at them. And if you haven’t looked at my Outer Banks pics, go look at them in Flickr. Seriously. Go look at them.
4. My thumb rabies is gone on my left hand. Yes, it is completely gone. It has moved to my right thumb. That’s right. My rabies migrated to my right thumb. I don’t know what the hell is up with that. I’m not a rabies scientist; I’m just a rabies victim.
5. And because I’m bad at being a Nazi, here’s the link to the Potato Soup. I modified it to make it fancy and MAGNIFICENT by adding sauteed shallots and garlic, deglazing the pan with a little white wine, and then topped the soup in the bowl with cheddar cheese and chives. You’re welcome.
6. I’ve just been doing blurbs lately because it’s getting dark so early and I have to cram too much into daylight and time just gets away from me. I want to do more stories and will. I want to tell you all more about my time in the Army. Like the time my unit was in the field doing war maneuvers (war games) and a large group of us, including the commanding officer, were gathered in a tent one night watching a training film when suddenly our generators stopped and several CS gas canisters were thrown in and I had to dive under the side of the tent while putting on my gas mask and attempt to escape into the woods to keep from getting captured by the 82nd Airborne who were the aggressors that week and had, in fact, entered the center of our camp within five minutes of starting the exercise. I want to tell you all that the 82nd played hardball and were known to take prisoners and do things like tie you to a tree and tape a dirty sock in your mouth. I want to tell you all how the night sky was ablaze with flares and tracer rounds as I ran like the wind away from the ear numbing rat-tat-tat and booms of blanks, the deafening battle cries of our aggressors, and the screams of my comrades being stifled by dirty socks. Stories like that.31 Comments