I am too lazy to think of a title for this entry. | Fetch My Flying Monkeys

I was talking to J on the phone the other day and for whatever reason I told him that I needed to get another hair dryer because mine hated me and wanted to burn the house down and kill me in my sleep. You would think he has learned by now to just go with the flow but he told me that I sure do buy a lot of hair dryers and I agreed with him but then he started asking me questions like how often do I use it and if I clean the filter and was just basically all up in my hair dryer business. I started feeling like I was being interrogated and so I started saying “What? What? I can’t hear you, what?” and told him the call was breaking up and I hung up because I didn’t feel like admitting then what I am about to admit here now.

This is my hair dryer:

Sinister Hair Dryer

Months ago the filter on the back got all gunky and dirty and I took it off to clean it but I had to get to work so I sat it on the back of the toilet for a few months little while until I threw it in a drawer.

Hair Dryer Filter

So then my hair dryer ran fine, until now. Now it wants to pimp slap me and set my hair on fire. I really don’t know why.

Hair Dryer

Okay, maybe I do know why.

And while I was in my polka-dotted bathroom I thought I would show you further evidence of my laziness.

Toilet Paper Stand

DO NOT JUDGE ME.

Otter Judge

Like evidently this judgmental otter has. Adorable little bastard.

37 Responses to I am too lazy to think of a title for this entry.

1. Michelle says:

You are supposed to clean the filter? I didn’t know that. Thanks for the tip. I don’t use a hair dryer but that is good information to have.
    *** Don’t use a hair dryer? I wish I didn’t have to. ~Laura

What do otters know anyhow? Yeah, sure, they’re judgmental and cute, but just see if they can split the atom. So there, dumb otter.
    *** YEAH! Dumb ole’ otter. ~Laura

LMAO!! I kill my hair dryers like that! Do not feel bad! I also will put a roll of TP on the back of the toilet instead of the roller- but not for months or years! LOL
    *** Oh, okay, so what you’re saying is you’re better than me? How otter of you. ~Laura

4. Mary Beth says:

First thing, I love the polka-dots. Secong thing, that is one pretty nail all did up and third thing, I do the same thing with my blow dryer and toilet paper roll. Those otters can suck it!
    *** YEAH! ~Laura

Well, here’s one solution. Throw out your hairdryer, and instead of buying a new one, go get a good old fashioned military buzz cut. You won’t need a hairdryer, one or two wipes with a towel and you’re good. You won’t need a hairbrush either, and you’ve bought yourself some extra time in the morning when you get up. Extra lay in the bed time before getting up for work.
    And won’t J be surprised when he sees your new hairstyle. You can always tell him you were jealous of Demi Moore in G.I. Jane. :D
    *** OMG Not with my bulbous head! Lordy. But don’t think I haven’t thought about about when I’m drying this mess. ~Laura

6. Tara says:

My hair dryer filters look like that! Tell those judgmental otters to back off! LOL
    *** I am glad I’m not the only one with yucky hair dryer vents. ~Laura

Isn’t that the way the toilet paper is supposed to go on the holder?
    *** Yes. Yes it is. ~Laura

I have an old tooth brush I use on mine and every once in a while, just for good measure, I will clean off the back part of my hair dryer. only because I too, do not remember reading anywhere in the directions to clean off any kind of filter thingy, but have burnt up a few in my day. So there you have your “hint from Tink” for the day. Damn Otters!!
    *** You and your old toothbrush are hired! Yeah, damn otters. ~Laura

9. Mr. Bingley says:

I am just totally grooving the polka dots.
    But I fear what might happen if I stumbled into that room whilst under the influence of copious quantities of alcohol.
    *** Ha! You just look down then, my friend. ~Laura

10. Susan says:

I’m liking those dots for sure. I am also judging that otter and his adorableness.
    *** YEAH! Judge that lille asshole swimming all adorable in his pond! ~Laura

11. LeeAnn says:

Madly in love with the dottyness. My next shower curtain is one called Psycho. Has a shadow-picture of a hand with a bigass butcher knife on it. Perhaps that will get H out of the shower sooner so I can have some hot water too.
    *** I’ve seen that! Love it. There’s also one with bloody hands dropping down the shower, leaving a blood trace. You should get both! Change up on him. ~Laura

12. MacBros says:

LOL! That’s awesome! Another procrastinator! I’m just as lazy.
    *** I love learning there are more like me out in the world so I don’t have to hide in shame anymore! Take that otters!~Laura

Hard to relate to this thread…I vaguely remember when I used to have hair.
    *** Ha! How about yer toilet paper rolls? Put ‘em on the spinning thingy? ~Laura

14. Yabu (EOTIS) says:

No hair dryer in the Juju Crib. In winter, the Juju Woman has ice cycles in her hair.
    ** Oh Lordy! I just don’t understand how people (with hair) don’t have a hair dryer! It’s madness! ~Laura

15. If my old house wiring could just come up with the amps to power my hair dryer. . . *sigh*
    Meanwhile, http://zooborns.com Zooborns.com. Warning: the cuteness is at toxic levels.
    *** What holy hell of adorable hath thou bestowed upon me? I fell out of my chair when the page opened and all that baby animal adorable hit me in the face. All I can say is “Awww.” ~Laura

Got lost in the otter adorableness. So was there anything else to the post, I didn’t notice….
    *** I know, right? I am completely drawn to baby animals (no, not human ones at all). It’s like an illness. ~Laura

17. Shelly says:

That looks like my dryer! Uugh, I hate cleaning those things so I don’t!
    *** Good for you. You have to take a stand against these sort of things. ~Laura

Okay, so I clicked on the link that Joan of Aarrgh posted above.
    The baby bamboo lemur was kind of freaky looking.
    *** Some are freaky, just like human babies. ~Laura

19. The five baby otters? I’m in the E.R. right now getting a diabetic shock treatment.
    *** HA! I saw those!! And I started farting rainbows! I had to stop because I feared a unicorn was next. ~Laura

20. GACK the ZooBorn cuteness has blinded me! OMG that site should be illegal, it’s totally distracting me from what I really wanted to say.
    Something about funniness and oddities.
    Hmm…red pandas.
    *** OMG RED PANDAS! ~Laura

21. Redmomma says:

I have fried so many blow dryers I could fill a stadium with them. lol
    Otters are just perfect aren’t they?
    *** Damn near. But they are judgmental, so there’s that. ~Laura

Mmmmmm…bacon!
    *** Well, apparently we got us a bacon eater up n here in Flying Monkeys. Hide your otters, hide your badgers, hide your goats, cause he’s hickory smokin’ everbody up n here.
    It just doesn’t get old does it? Well, okay, not yet anyway. ~Laura

23. Lisa says:

I haven’t had a roll of toilet paper on the spinner for 10 years or more!~ LOL!
    *** We should start a club. ~Laura

24. rathead says:

Love the wallpaper… Pretty nail…I have had to perform surgery on my hairdryer vent, it is very time consuming but, it does work like new when you clean it. This morning I plugged mine in and it acted like it was still asleep and and didnt want to rev up and blow, so I knocked the hell out of it and my spousal equivalent said WHAT are you doing? I told him killing my blower. He’s like alrighty then (she’s kooky)..then he runs out the bathroom. Not sure why I just said all of this but, I did. so there.
    *** Ha! You would think he would be used to you by now. ~Laura

25. OMG!! FENNEC FOXES!!! WANT LIKE BURNING!!!!
    Oh, and I use my hair dryer about ten times a year. I gave up on taming my hair. Remember mel’s challenge? Yeah, I gave up.
    Oh, and the otter can be judgmental, but he can rock the rock ;)
    *** Otters are adorable and they know it and they snub their adorable noses at us. You need a fennec fox.
    ~Laura

26. Denise says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t put the TP on the roller.
    *** Another club member! ~Laura

OMG! I must have a RolyPoly Red Panda Cub. but he/she must stay small and rolypoly… How fricken blessed cut is that. I would take naps with them. ohhhhh/
    *** You should get one! ~Laura

28. Brea says:

“How very otter of you” has officially been adopted as my new slogan.
    Because you know, they like to hang out with those crying baby badgers.
    *** YES! When people get all judgmental and start telling you what you are doing wrong, you MUST say that to them! ~Laura

You put that happy corgi over there just for me dincha? :)
    ***YES! I don’t know if you’ve caught all of them- but I have been putting up corgis here and there every so often for ya. ~Laura

30. Ok, time to rise up to the challenge, Laura:
    This ought to be AWESOME!!!
    *** Okay, I have an “About Me” page, but I will give you a list this week. ~Laura

Oh I catch them! and then send links along to my corgi starved daughters in college :) Just thought I’d acknowledge this time – and thanks. Makes for a nice grin – wonder if I could get Gus to swing like that. Right now he has raw paw pads from running along side the boy on his bike.
    *** Aww. Jack needs to run beside a few bikes. Ha! When I walk him he’s constantly trying to get me to pick him up he’s so lazy. ~Laura

And once again, a Question of the Ages is answered: “Should the toilet paper unroll from the top or the bottom?”
    The answer, manifestly, is No.
    *** Ha! EXACTLY! ~Laura

33. Janie Jones says:

I can one up you on lazy… I don’t ever use my hairdryer because it is too much of a hassle. I have virtually no counter space, so when the dryer is plugged in and I need to set it down it must sit literally in my sink. As I don’t wish to die of electrocution, and I don’t want to take it out and put away for each use I just gave up on it when I moved to this house. My hair looks extremely lame. At first this bothered me, but then I realized I have no one to impress as I’m way to lazy to stalk a movie star. So, over all, via laziness much time is saved.
    *** OH girl, we need to get you a movie star to stalk and get your hair did! Ha! ~Laura

I haven’t burned out a hair dryer since I am was way too lazy when it was long to dry it. I just went to bed with it damp at night all year round. Now that I use one, I shall have to keep those helpful illustrations in mind.
    As to the adorability, good lord. That’s too much for anyone to take!
    *** I know! And Joan dropping her diabetic coma links like that! Everyone’s heads have been exploding from da baybees all day long! I spend HOURS awwing over them. ~Laura

LOL
    That otter looks like he’s on his cell phone laughing.
    Every now and then I clean the fans around the house and they get to be disgusting sometimes. “Oh…I never noticed it was that bad cause it’s always ON !” :-D
    *** HA! He does look like he’s on a cell phone! Ha! Yes, leave the fans on so you won’t have to clean them. Problem solved. ~Laura

36. I tried to comment on this post, but followed the zooborn link and got distracted and then had to go to work. I couldn’t put sugar in my coffee because I was still on a sugar high from the link and I hate black coffee with no sugar so now I am pissed off.
    Oh and I don’t drink coffee so I am really pissed off.
    *** HAHA! Thre’s just something about baby aimals. ~Laura

37. mel says:

Awwww hell nawwww. Those filters come off????
    I laughed so hard at the toilet paper roll cuz I do the same damned thing.
    *** I keep telling myself I’ll stop doing that, butI don’t. ~Laura