I think I deserve sainthood or at the very least a medal for putting up with Der Führer. | Fetch My Flying Monkeys

Me: “Look at my new Parasaurolophus!”

J: “Good God, Laura, don’t you think you have enough dinosaurs?”

Me: “Never. Besides, they need more recruits since they’ll be doing battle soon with the Killer Robot.”

J: Widens eyes and stares at me like I went full-retard.

Me:  Goes full-retard. “What? You knew it’s was bound to happen. The Great Dinosaur Wars never really ended, they just retreated for a while to re-group.”

J: “You are so weird.”

Me: “And you’re a dinosaur-hating Nazi pacifist.”

P.S.  Because this blog likes to educate as well as entertain, here’s a recording of the sound paleontologists believe the Parasaurolophus made. This sound was calculated by using a supercomputer to simulate the passage of air through a Parasaurolophus skull. No, I’m not a dinosaur sound scientist, but I play one on the Internet.

NOW CLICK IT! DON’T BE A DINOSAUR-HATING NAZI PACIFIST!

69 Responses to I think I deserve sainthood or at the very least a medal for putting up with Der Führer.

I’ve got one of those too. Do yo know what’s saying? “c’mon Jack, give Der Führer the Look, I’ve got your back”. I understand Parasaurolophus speak.

That noise is very disturbing. I’d hide.

That “J”. He just does not understand that this war is vital. It must happen. Killer Robots must be stopped… by the mighty parasaurolophus.. the saga coontinues. I hope!

4. Horace says:

That noise… I have heard it befor… yes… it has come from my bathroom.. of course…

5. FitBit says:

J, J, J, J,J, J, J………(AS I SHAKE MY HEAD)

6. JESSICA says:

And That, my dear, is why he loves you!

7. Beastie says:

I really think that “J” is the one who deserves the sainthood.. really…Im mean… shall we review?

8. Pickles says:

You have the best collection of Dino’s. I love them.

Too cool. That’s better than those whale noises when they’re trying to hook up.

Oh, I’d much rather fall asleep listening to dinosaurs, I mean unless it were real dinosaurs, then I don’t think you’d get much sleep.

I bet you didn’t even have to look up the spelling of that dinosaur.

Does J tell his gut friends about your cute quirks? I mean you tell us about his nazi ones!

12. Pfffftt!! You can hear that noise in Charleston Harbor every day. Someone just recorded ocean barges’ horns and said they were “scientific” and scored a sweet government grant to continue their important research. Because I gotta tell you, people are just lining.up.for.this.kind of career choice.

13. Cheryl Lundgren says:

I wonder if I can make that mp3 my ringer for my phone? Really, really loud.

I’m very jealous of your dinosaur herd. Too awesome for words. When the dinosaur/robot wars start, I wonder which side Jack will be on?

14. I’m pretty sure that’s a mating call Laura.
    You may want to tell J to..uh…run.
    But get the camera first.

15. Mark12A says:

He hasn’t quite figured out what it’s taken me several decades to realize: Often times it’s better to simply shut the fuck up rather than argue with a woman. In an argument with a woman, a man will always lose. Ultimately.

And the parachutasaurus could drop behind the killer robot lines and raise all sorts of hell. I think they’ve got a better than even chance.

16. Maeve says:

VERY cool! It is amazing what they can do to bring the past back to life.

17. Tea says:

I’m kind of stunned that he would even bother with “Don’t you have enough dinosaurs?” … it’s like he doesn’t know you at all.

Wow, I had no idea that the Parasaurolophus sounded so symphonic!

By the way, you should point out to J. that going full retard gets you to high places in government. Joe Biden would be an excellent case in point.

19. Hubby is obsessed with this Jurassic Park game on his phone. He keeps saying “I have to feed my dinosaurs” and I keep wanting to punch him.

20. Arty says:

Sounds exactly like a french horn. Dinosaurs played french horns? Dinosaurs are French! Robot wins!

21. untbunny says:

Serious question—do you know that land between Columbia and Folly Island/Edisto Island is PACKED with fossil? Seriously, I have teeth, jaw bones, vertebra, ribs, and turtle shell from there. People find Megalodon teeth in Columbia rivers. No, I am not trying to be a smart ass either.

22. rick says:

Sounds like the first band I played in, and that was when we were on.

23. Terri the Terror says:

Totally off subject, but Cheez It is having a hand model contest. https://www.facebook.com/cheezit/app_349187041785132?version=VERSION12_K115

Sounds like a cross between War of the Worlds and the saucers in Close Encounters. Whaaaaaaa! Lurves it!

25. Libby says:

Once, I deleted every single “funny” blog I followed, except yours. I don’t miss any of the deleted ones. And I just love you! You are funny!

26. fillyjonk says:

I think Philip Glass is planning a symphony entirely based on that dinosaur call.

Wonderful collection !

I think that recording needs to be your new front doorbell sound !
    :-D
    But have it play on the front porch, too, so it will run off the riff raff.

28. hotpants™ says:

I have Batman, Joker and Edward Cullen figures on my desk at work.

Coworker: “Are those Barbie dolls on your desk?”
    Me: “They’re super awesome action figures.”
    Coworker: “You’re weird.”
    Me: “No, YOU ARE WEIRD!”

That’s seriously all I could come up with. Ha! But the guy who said it is my pal and still loves me.