Donna Summer’s dead and I don’t feel much better. | Fetch My Flying Monkeys

I had grand plans to blog every day this week, but every afternoon and night (the time I am able to blog) we’ve had horrendous thunderstorms with lightning flashing every few seconds and I’ve had to turn off my computer and sit and stare at my television’s fuzzy screen while it searched for a satellite signal. Each night I tried to go to bed early but Jack’s thing is to bark incessantly at the thunder booms, not because he’s trying to be protective, oh no, but because he’s an asshole. So I’m exhausted and all I can think is ‘Thank God it’s Friday” and wonder how I can fake my own death over the weekend so I don’t have to start this shit all over again Monday.

51 Responses to Donna Summer’s dead and I don’t feel much better.

1. Bri Bee says:

Do you know that I have waited, since I was a little girl , for it to start raining men…never happened.

“THANK GOD IT’S FRIDAY” and I mean that with every ounce of my being…it’s been a hellofa week. and tomorrow I’m going to get my “Toes Did” as you would say.

My cat does that. Not bark of course but she RAAAOOOOOOWWWWWW’S AT THE THUNDER. I think she is just scared cuz the closer and louder it is the louder she is. OMG it’s an “UP ALL NIGHT” kinda event.

4. May says:

Yes, I too am very glad it is Friday. Tomorrow I am going to sleep in.. maybe 7:00 or possible 7:05.

I absolutely love love love this rain. you can keep the lightening but I love this rain. My blueberries are dancing in the field. Yep, saw them. really.

6. MichelleRyan says:

Very sad about Miss Summers. I grew up with her and always danced to her songs. No matter where we were.They just made you wanna dance. especially in the car. That’s all.

7. Twinkie says:

I know I havn’t commented in a long time but I just wanna say, Thank God it’s Fricken Friday….. God bless.

8. Alison says:

Fucking Thor and his goddamn hammer.

9. MyBestFriendme says:

Im sorry you did not get to blog all week. I for one, am very greatful that you blog…period. But we really needed all that rain and you got to rest your hand rabies. so there’s that. have a great weekend. I will be looking forward to every tidbit and morsel you throw us. heehee. and of course TGIF.

Stretch doesn’t like thunder, fireworks, or gunshots. He doesn’t bark, he gets under something and shakes. We’ve also had some MAJOR storms lately.

11. I just want to say, my name is Aggie S., and I am the first member of Laura Anonymous….

TGIF! God I need a long weekend! I don’t get one, but I sure do need one!

It’s just a thought but maybe that’s Jack’s way of saying the thunder freaks him out. Have you heard of the ThunderShirt for dogs that are afraid of thunder, the vacuum, or have separation anxiety ?
    It apparently works very well.
    It has a calming effect.

14. Auntie Dee says:

My dog crawls under the bed and shakes when she is freaked out but I believe it is a learned behavior as when I am freaked out I ask her to push over so I can crawl under also!

Ha! Well, I don’t think Jack learned his barking at thunder from me. At least I don’t think so.

• SB Smith says:

Dispatch:
        “911 – What is your emergency ?”

Laura’s crazy neighbor Betty:
        “That woman, Laura, over there and her dog Jack…are BOTH barking at the thunder again !! ”

Dispatch:
        “Wellll,…just turn your tv or stereo up louder !! ”

:-D

I have no comment, but I did read your post.

16. Be thankful that Jack isn’t two 100+lb. Labs. Molly is terrified of thunderstorms and likes to leap into Daddy’s lap so I can protect her from the storms. Then Buddy joins in because it looks like so much fun when Molly does it. They usually wait until I’m settled into my recliner and 90% of the time they flip us over backwards and I can’t get back upright without help because of my screwed up medical experiment spinal fusions!

Don’t laugh…..I’ll send them down there to spend the summer with you. They can teach Jack all sorts of bad habits!

Send me a postcard “from beyond” if you figure out how to fake your own death. I could use that, too.

Girl, some days I dream of it. Starting over somewhere. Maybe as a blonde. Or an African-American. Maybe a blonde African-American.

This coming Friday will be the best! THREE DAY WEEKEND! WOOHOO!