A side dish of pasta envy, like revenge, is best served cold. | Fetch My Flying Monkeys

I'm hoping my Allosaurus distracts from my crappy food photography skillz.

Chilled Pasta with Creamed Avocado Sauce

1 1/2 cup dry shell pasta or short pasta of your choice
1 ripe avocado
handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp garlic paste
salt & pepper
chopped cilantro and/or jalapeno for garnish

1. Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Drain well, set aside to cool.
2. Peel avocado and remove the pit. Put it in a food processor together with chopped cilantro, lime juice, mayonnaise and garlic paste. Blend it until it’s creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste. (Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in a refrigerator if you have time.)
3. Transfer the avocado sauce to a medium sized bowl. Add cooked pasta and toss them well. Sprinkle chopped cilantro and/or jalapeno on top.

This is sooo damn good. I found it and a whole bunch of other recipes on Pinterest. I doubled the recipe because I had two ripe avocados and I wanted enough to take to work all next week to make the Bunch O’Bitches jealous of my delicious food. They’ll be staring at my delicious pasta salad all salivating and shit and I’ll hover all protective over my bowl of delicious pasta, giving them the stink-eye in between bites. “Damn Bunch O’Bitches, stop staring at my delicious pasta” I’ll be thinking, but secretly I’ll be enjoying their envy of my delicious food.

48 Responses to A side dish of pasta envy, like revenge, is best served cold.

1. Chris, Head Zookeeper@TheWilsonZoo says:

You better hide it or mark it as poisonous or something in the fridge, or one of the Bunch O’bitches may be jealous enough to steal it!

2. Jo says:

Or hang a warning sign on the dinosaur and set it on top of the dish…”You think he’s scary? Wait until you see me if you even LOOK at my food!”

3. MorningGlory says:

Are the other flavors enough that I could leave the cilantro out? I read somewhere (Bon Appetit magazine, I think) that some people have a genetic marker that makes cilantro taste like soap. That would be me. Ergo, I don’t like cilantro. But I love avocado and jalapeno!

Urp… allergic to green bird shit/avacado. I do lurves me some cold cooked small shells with egg whites and mayo! I hope they choke on the envy!

Never mind the food post – there are now TWO goats living at the farm where my horse and pony live. Must remember to take camera so pictures can be sent to you. My Rose is terrified of the little goats. She says they smell funny and sound odd and she’s pretty sure they eat horses.

Definitely food to be jealous of. So good, you might want to pack iron next week. Just don’t hesitate. One wrong step and they’ll be on your food like hyenas on an injured gazelle.

7. Jerry says:

Okay — I had my doubts when I first saw the picture. But your recipe sounds fantastic and I am definitely gonna’ make it. Thanks.

Screw the picture…that sounds damn good.

Yummmmmm! I love avocados! I’m going to make this this week!

Bunch O’Bitches will be eating their hearts out!

11. My mom does a cold avocado soup that would make you move to Texas, honey!

I’ll have to send her this recipe. I’m thinking….option to a Thanksgiving dinner side dish!! WHOO HOO!!!

OK I had cilantro for the first time the other day, and I tasted “SOAP” It was a mild taste but I just thought maybe the dish was not rinsed very well, then thought about the clean freak that gave it to me and decided it was the cilantro. that was weird…. I’m gonna try it again to see if that happens. thanks for all these tips. your readers are so awesome and smart…..

Happy Happy belated Birthday to Richelle…..

14. mindy says:

That does sound good! I love every ingredient listed. I bet you could also add cooked chicken to it for more protein. Gonna make some this week. Thanks, Laura!

15. cricket says:

I don’t like cold pasta but for some reason this started my mouth watering. I’m betting it’s the thought of the garlic. Oops, yep, it’s the garlic your getting me with.

YUM! That’s all I can say.

Oh, and that I’m going to make this ASAP. Oh, and be sure to post more yummy stuff cause I’m too lazy to visit that site. Oh, and you do realize that photographed food is all fake right (which makes your real food photo awesome just because it’s really real!)?

Oh, and I went to that damn website and thought it was cool. Now I feel like I’m not good enough. I have to wait for an invite from them? I’m on the waiting list? I’m just not as cool as Laura!! HA!

18. Holiday says:

It looks like Pistasho Ice cream…

19. I just finished a ½lb of deep-fried bacon, so I’m a pretty healthy eater, and I have to say that you don’t seem to have very much avocado in there. Also, have you tried rolling some of this avocado-sauce & pasta stuff up in pillsbury crescent-roll dough and deep frying it?

20. kim says:

nice i do have a ginormous avacado that i forgot about and which is now quite ripe

21. Fluffy says:

I lo-o-o-ove avacado! I would put it on any food, any time! Sooooo yummy!!!!!! : )

22. Dannie says:

can you please explain to me what the hell is pinterest? I am always confused when people are so excited about getting into pinterest….why the fancy name? I click or google it and all it is are pictures of what people have done….call it a bulletin board or a ‘whooraw, I’m so awesome website’ but what is the hulabaloo about the name pinterest?

I didn’t know it had so much hoopla over it. What it really is is a big time-suck because you get in there looking at stuff (I like the recipes and crafts best) and before you know it time has flown by.